Icelandic trade unions, the employers’ confederation and government officials have developed an Equal pay management system called “The Equal Pay Standard” that will help employers prevent salary discrimination and enable them to become certified. The Equal Pay Standard will hopefully be mandated for companies with 25 employees or more, if planned legislation is passed by the Icelandic parliament.
- Certified: Feminist! Using Bureaucracy to Achieve Radical Change. Brynhildur Heiðar- og Ómarsdóttir and Maríanna Traustadóttir. Meta Dekleta, Slovenia. 2015.
An article written about the equal pay standard and its importance to the women’s movement by Maríanna Traustadóttir and Brynhildur Heiðar- og Ómarsdóttir. Maríanna is the gender equality officer at the Icelandic Confederation of Labor and a member of the committee which created the equal pay standard.
- Equal Pay Management System ÍST 85:2012. The Ministry of Welfare, Iceland. 2012.
A general introduction to the equal pay standard, prepared by the Icelandic Ministry of Welfare.
- Iceland a Step Closer to Equal Play. Marie Preisler. Nordic Labour Journal, Norway. 2014.
An article written about the equal pay standard for the Nordic Labour Journal, with an interview with Þorsteinn Víglundsson, the Director General for the Confederation of Icelandic Employers.
- Iceland intent on eliminating the gender pay gap. Ida Måwe. NIKK – Nordic Information on Gender, Norway. 2017.
An article written about the equal pay standard for the NIKK – Nordic Information on Gender, with an interview with Maríanna Traustadóttir, the gender equality officer at the Icelandic Confederation of Labor and a member of the committee which created the equal pay standard. A very good introduction to the Equal Pay Standard.
- Island: Likalönsstandarden har Tagits i Bruk. Guðrún H. Sigurðardóttir. Arbeidsliv Norden, Norway. 2015.
A short article written about the equal pay standard for Arbeidsliv i Norden. In Swedish.
- Equal Pay Standard at the Nordic Forum. Marianna Traustadottir. Youtube. 2014.
Maríanna Traustadóttir introduces the Equal Pay Standard at the Nordic Forum in Malmö.